<<USA ADDRESSES ONLY>>
here’s where you mail your razor
3858 EUNICE RD
JACKSONVILLE BCH FL 32250
- You buy this $37.51 SKU, and then mail your razor to us to the address above
- We update your order to “on hold” to mean “we’re awaiting your razor
- We update your order to “processing” to mean “we’ve received your razor”
- We update your order to “completed” to mean “your razor’s on its way back to you”
- Don’t include factory cases etc., just send your razor, protected from impact & oxidation (and from contaminating adjacent mail)
If you buy a new straight razor or just get into the hobby, you’ll likely read many impassioned shaving forum thread about honing straight razors and what’s right and wrong, etc. We’re here to encourage you to think for yourself, and to always question!
If you send a razor to me to hone, it will be honed in the method taught by German grinders who go to an actual physical school for razor grinding for three years following their two-year apprenticeship; that might not be the same way as the shaving forum experts, so proceed with caution!
We won’t hone;
– bombs and/or artificial human sex organs sent to my home to attempt to bother/harass/injure me or my family
– razors with large chips/dents on the cutting edge visible to the naked eye
– Pakistani or Chinese razors or any razor that does not identify country of origin [as DE/US/SE/FR/GB/SP/JP]
– non hollow ground razors (wedge grind razors, 1/4-hollow, etc)
¡If in doubt, send a picture(s) first to [email protected]!
Many pics helps, and so does sensible resolution (3000 abreast max is fine please)
Include your return name/address and do not include anything else you want returned. Protect your carbon steel, and protect your mailing vessel from anything that protects carbon steel from harming it or adjacent mail or rendering your address label unreadable. The simplest of these is petroleum jelly because it stays in place better than Ballistol, mineral oil, etc. and most households have some laying about somewhere.
Turnaround time = +0-2 days
$30 = the far too reasonable labor rate for my completely undivided attention for an unspecified quantity of time toward your razor
$5.55 = the postage/parcel current cost for return shipping to you
$1.96 = the completely absurd charge that PayPal feels is acceptable to impose over this <$40 transaction…what they’re really doing is reducing your money’s purchasing power! If, heaven forbid, you use a non-US bank for this transaction, they’ll balloon that amount to $2.83, 7.6% net!
Honing brand new sale razors, and used razors is different. The difference is, when it is a brand new razor, the ‘stone mileage’ of each stroke and your concern for it on the unused item can never shut off. What is good for chasing sensations at the edge is not good for 1/stone mileage. Once a razor is put in to use, you should stop giving a sh*t about that, and if you mail the razor here to be refreshed, it is time to chase feelings and not worry about spines or near-bevels etc. Now I can certainly sympathize with anyone that didn’t get what they wanted from honing upon a brand new razor from us or any other vendor, due the nature of having to interact with the unused – the tendency will always be to leave something on the table in exchange for less hone marks. Taking a new razor from unknown state with the 2mØ step-#1 and going through the end with hone marks concerns off the table, however, I’m going to find it difficult to believe that doesn’t impress anyone, but that’s only because having ever used a razor with a significantly concaved bevel/edge is so incredibly uncommon. Well, it wasn’t uncommon for a 1880-1920 Solingen attorney about town, he probably thought honing straight off a Thuringian wheel was what everybody enjoyed!